Tuesday 29 August 2017

Chapter 14 - Truth Revealed?

“Ace… do you know why everyone has been looking for you?” guildmaster Gildarts asked

 “Yes, yes I do master. I….. I have something to admit too” Ace said.

With a wave of his hand, he shut the large guild door using his [Arc of Embodiment] magic.

The mages of Fairy Tail were stunned. This wasn’t his [Requip] magic. However, they gave him the benefit of the doubt by not taking giving a hostile reaction.

“I…. I am Ace, yet I am not. In fact I have lost myself, I am not sure who I am” Ace started.

“I only know the person I was, I was a big fan of Fairy Tail, of all of you, but I had no magical abilities at that time. Suddenly, during the Ishgar vs Alvarez war, I died..” he started with a lie

“…. The next thing I knew, I resurrected as this” he transformed into Velveno

“Velveno!” Natsu yelled out, startling everyone.

“Yes. Velveno. I didn’t know who I was but the prison collapsed. Then his memories flooded my mind and I started immediately looking for Aceto” he continued, looking at Aceto.

"Continue" said Gildarts

“It took me several days before finding her mansion. The geography was different and I had to look everywhere for her. By the time I found her, the mansion had returned. But she was dead… raped and killed by enemy soldiers. I took the appearance of Aceto, becoming Ace, and swore to resurrect her” he continued.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Then what happened?" Makarof asked.

“I searched in all the major magical libraries for spells that would resurrect her…”

“You know such spells are banned” Makarov interrupted

“Yes…. Yes I know. But I didn’t care. Aceto was the world to me. But I didn’t find any resurrection spells. Instead I learned [Requip] …. And…..and…” his voice faded off

“And what?” asked Makarov

“…. And I joined the guild after that” Ace said, changing his mind about revealing learning the banned [Ruler’s Magic]

“I was still searching for a way to revive Aceto, but I needed a home. It was with Fairy Tail that I took a mission to look for a missing “miracle” mage. I thought he could help me resurrect Aceto” he continued

“It was there that I investigated Tartaros, thinking that they might have something to do with the disappearance” he said

“When I was in their abandoned base, I was captured by her” he said as he transformed into Seilah

The whole guild was startled. Mirajane looked at Seilah’s body and was stunned.

“Somehow, I cast a spell in desperation, but instead of escaping, I took over her body” he said.

“What spell did you use?” Mirajane asked

“Take over Magic” Ace lied “I must have done something wrong, but luckily I still had my spells that I learned before and knew [Transformation] magic, so I could return to this” he said transforming back to Ace


“You inhibit Seilah’s body now?” Mirajane asked

“Yes. It appears to be permanent. I don’t know what happened to my, or more accurately, Velveno’s body” he said.

"How is it possible, when I absorbed Seilah's body when I cast [Take Over] on her, to save her life? This means that I am the only Seilah in existance?" Mirajane asked as she cast [Satan Soul Mirajane Seilah] on herself, revealing herself to look exactly like Seilah.

"I don't really understand it. According to Seilah's memories, this body of hers was revived in Hell's Core, where they revive if they die in new bodies" Ace answered.

"Impossible. I destroyed Hells Core" Mirajane Seilah answered.

 "It wasn't the only one. There was a earlier backup one in their base, But it was the last one, which revived this Seilah" Ace answered.


“It was after taking over Seilah's body, that I returned to my mission and I met Jenny” he said as he looked at her. Her eyes teared up as she looked at him.

“We continued the mission together, and we found the remnants of Grimoire Heart fighting the Garou Knights. Jenny was knocked out, and I fled with her. But we found out that the “miracle” mage was Rustyrose”

“But it wasn’t a failure for me, for I discovered a resurrection spell where Hades’ body was buried”

“That was when I used it on Aceto, and you know the rest as I brought her to Porlyusica for help” he said.

Gildarts and Makarov both nodded. They disapproved of what he did, but he didn’t do anything that bad, only he had used a dark spell as well as was now living in a demon’s body.

“Where have you been the past month?” Gildarts asked.

“I… I wanted to go take revenge on the Alvarez Empire. But…. But I knew I didn’t have enough power. Any of the Spriggan 12 would crush me like an ant. So I went to Tenrou Island instead to clear my head” he lied.

Since Mavis had disappeared with Zeref, there was no longer anyone taking care of Tenrou Island. It’s magic still exists that protects the island and Fairy Tail members, but as he was also a member, he had no problems being there.

“Seilah had the power to control living beings and the dead. Are those your abilities now?” asked Mirajane Seilah.

“Yes. I also still retain Velveno’s magic that copies other magics” he admitted

“That would make you a S-Mage, wouldn’t it?” asked Gray

“Yes, yes it would. I am sorry for lying to you all” Ace admitted.

Gildarts conferred with Makarov and they turned and faced him

“Based on what you told us, there is no reason to take any action on you. However, we will be keeping an eye on you, considering that you inhibited the body of both Velveno and especially Seilah. There is no way we can confirm either one of them still has a hold on you or not” Gildarts said

Ace smiled broadly and kneeled to the floor, bowing until his head touched the floor.

“Thank you master. I never intended to lie to anyone.” Ace said

“Get up Ace. We’ve never required any of our members to do this” Gildarts said.

Ace got up, with tears in his eyes as Jenny jumped into his arms.

Porlyusica stared at him, still suspecting that he didn’t tell the whole story. Carla wasn’t convinced either, nor was Mirajane.

Ace hugged Jenny and joined the guild as Natsu, Lucy, Gray and Erza surrounded him, asking him questions.

While he chatted to the various members, he took special attention to copy Bickslow’s abilities using his [Magic Drain] magic as his 6th permanent copied magic. He needed Bickslow’s control over spirits for future plans.

He was genuinely happy that he could remain in Fairy Tail. He had thought that he would have been expelled for being Velveno and Seilah.

However, he knew that they did have reason to expel him if they found out the whole truth. The only thing he had to hide were his control over his subordinates, and the fact that he was keeping several dead bodies.

After all, Ultear, Minerva, Kagura and even Brandish were considered Fairy Tail allies. And furthermore the bodies of Irene was the body of Erza’s mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment